Landed


After hours on end of travelling, Kristen and I are finally here in Tokyo. We are staying for six days in total before we board the airplane again- next time bound for Sydney.
Our journey has gone surprisingly smooth. I forgot that if you dont transfer through the States, going through customs and immigration is a breeze. Almost enjoyable in comparison really. We were seated in the upper deck on our 747 right beside a smelly old man who was suffering from nicotine withdrawl for the entire duration of the flight- but other than that we had a pleasant time. The airlines have advanced tremendously in keeping their passengers well occupied for the long flights. We each had a personal screen with the ability to flip through channels and watch newly released movies or play scads of games amongst other things. We tried to sleep a bit but our neighbour guy tended to make some inhuman noises periodically which would abrubtly wake us up.
Upon arrival we caught a shuttle bus and then met up with my host mom. She has us set up in the third floor suite of their house. Its quite perfect really. We have our own kitchen and bathroom, beds and living room. Which means that we can stay out of their hair when they are busy and also have our own space.
We dont really have many plans while here. Just to wander around, see some sights. And of course to go and see Johnny 5 drum tomorrow night with Teagan and Sara. I have quite a few old pals I`d like to catch up with as well. And other than that to show Kristen a land shes never known and to peel a strip off my own eyes and see it again for the first time. Already I am frustrated at how much of my language capabilites are gone. But.. I can feel it coming back to me with each minute that passes. With any hope this week will be a refresher and motivation to practise more often(and finally listen to my parents who begged me to keep it up!).
Kristen is wonderful to be travelling with. Its starting to come back to me why we were best of friends for so much of our lives. Its also great that everyone here stares at her with her red hair instead of me! I feel like I blend in compared to her.
Her and I are off to Meiji-jingu now...


3 Comments:
Goon!
Good to hear you're safe.
Keep up the good work on your bog eh? Lot you lots!
Love your secret admirer
What's a bog? Glad to hear that you are doing well. Missed a sweet solo acoustic set from Shaun Verreault last night at Darcy's. Caitlin and I got our pic taken with him and talked for 10 minutes or so. Good times. TTYL!
SA: I love you too!
Bing:Yes- BOG! I was trying to figure it out! Shaun was back in town so soon eh?Sorry I missed it.
Katie:Ah! the dates that I had for T&S turned out to be wrong!boo hoo! I was really upset. I was so looking forward to it. Hopefully I can catch him in Brisbane. Can you pass on his email again. The one you gave me didnt work! I miss you too girly!xoxo
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home