Last Train

Today is our last full day in this great city. The days have flown past and I didn't even get a chance to go to all of the places that I wanted to. Partly because I didn't want to spend my time running from one place to the next. Its been better to just enjoy being where I am.
Saturday was rainy and we just took it easy. I took Kristen for her first experience with Japanese karaoke. Most of the time we just laughed ourselves silly.
That night my host family made a big delicious traditional Japanese dinner. We sat and talked and laughed and ate for hours. All of them have decent English skills and did a fabulous job at including Kristen all night. She really enjoyed it- and so did I.
Yesterday the sun made a stunning appearance so off we traveled to Kamakura, an hour and a half out of the city. Its an old capital from the beginning of the Shogun era and is jam packed with temples, shines and plenty of souvenirs. After coming back to Tokyo we met up with a Swedish friend of mine and Kristen had her first Japanese beer. We met a crazy Canadian from Vancouver and somehow managed to miss our scheduled return time- that is, we missed the last train home which is around 12:30am. We blame that crazy Canuck and also the ridiculously early closure of the transit system! It made for a fun turn of events though and my host mom laughed at us in the morning when we returned home to bed.
Today we attended my old Rotary host club`s New Years lunch. Always up for free food- and especially that of this caliber, Kristen and I dressed in our least wrinkled clothes and had a great time eating and smiling to funny old rich Japanese men.
Unfortunately (Rita) I don't plan on visiting our old school. I spent practically everyday of my exchange on that campus and it didn't make the list of places I couldn't wait to return to. I can wait.
Kristen and I are both getting excited about moving on to the next stage in this adventure in Sydney. Mostly she's ready to talk to someone else besides me all day! I, however, hate to say goodbye, and so I'm contemplating doing a similar stopover here on the return trip home.
I forgot my cord so no pictures today. You'll all have to wait until I reach Sydney and find a computer there. Wish me luck!
ps. I love the comments section! It so great to know that my friends out there are reading my silly blog and responding to it. Plus I miss all of you!


3 Comments:
I am glad to hear you had an amazing time in Japan honey. Now your off to where the sun never stops shinning. Have a great flight. Miss you more then ever.
Awwww... how precious is Katie?!
Goooooooooooo-ner. Hi!
Keep on rockin' my peep! Enjoying the blog and glad that you are doing well...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home