Welcome to Summer


We made it! Another grueling ten hour flight, more customs, more immigration but we made it. Even found our hotel. Although we cant check in for another two or three hours. Which is alright with us. Although desperate for sleep, we are also starving and in need of sending out word that we made it here in one piece (or two? Well, we are both each in one piece. And now we wish that that's how much luggage we brought too!).
I was so excited to get to this 'sunny country' of 'continual summer' it was quite the letdown to walk off the plane to a cloudy sky and pouring rain! Can you believe it?! At least its 24 degrees out and the forecast calls for sunshine very soon. Otherwise what good is it having a pool on the roof of your hotel?
I would say that we plan to jam our few days in Sydney with so much exploring that I wont have time to update this- but that would be a lie. We do plan to spend each day packed with activities and wandering but the internet cafe is directly across the street from our hotel and it costs $2.50 and hour. And our Canadian dollar is actually worth more than theirs. So there you go. I can have my cake and eat it too.
And Kristen.. well... she's back to communicating as normal.


1 Comments:
hmmmmm *sigh* now I'm really homesick!
I highly recommend an Opera House tour (or concert if you want), dinner on the warf at Cockle Bay or the Rocks (Cockle Bay is cheaper but the Rocks has a nicer view), walking through the Botanical Gardens (but make sure you get out before they lock the gates at night becuase they're hard to climb over, I've tried), Paddy's Market... oh I could go on. Have a fantastic time!
We're playing this weekend, I'll miss you! Thom is sick and can't talk, so its going to be a smaller team than usual. But *sniff* I'll survive. Take care!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home