rain, rain, rain

For the past week here the weather has been crazy. I guess its fall and rain is characteristic of the fall season.. but still! It has also been windy and stormy and all around crazy. It is a welcome change from the heat but I'm feeling a little too reminded of home. This is the East Coast in Queensland! Their license plates say the "sunshine state"! I'm hoping that after this the weather will turn to the beautiful mild warm days that everyone promised me.
I'm beginning to love Australia more and more each day. I would still chose to live in Canada over Aus any day... but I am beginning to enjoy it more than I was when I first got here! I'm certain that it has to do with a huge number of different factors, but nonetheless I have to admit that as those factors change to my favor, it changes my opinion of the place.
Work is awesome. I love the people I work with mostly. Its like going to hang out with cool people and getting paid. The work that has to be done is really only a minor detail! Its great to get to know some normal Australians.... although not that many (or any!) of them are near normal.
I also have finally gotten over a wretched tracheal infection that has plagued me since Byron Bay. It took a visit to the doc and two rounds of antibiotics, but its gone. Halleluiah! Kristen is also grateful because she had to put up with my difficult breathing (read: snoring) every night.
I've found a really great church that is about 2 minutes walk from where we live. Its pretty small and really friendly. I've already made some awesome friends and they are heaps of fun to hang out with!
Kristen and I have been trying to get out and do some of the things that we loved back at home. She took me rock climbing the other day which was a total blast! Today I took her for a run in the rain. Okay so I thought it was a blast! We wanted to go hiking and even drove the journey it takes to get out of suburbia to some place remotely worth hiking through. Then because of the rain the road on the way had a bridge that had been submerged in water so we couldn't quite get there. Bah! Next time... Its okay, instead we took a detour to "Bonzai World" which was one of those really fantastic random adventures- that you just cant plan!
All in all, life is good. This is not "reflective" in nature at all. Oh well- stuff it.


3 Comments:
ooh... ooh... I get to be the first one to leave a comment, how exciting! Frank and I watched the Canucks embarass themselves again tonight, I let him cry on my shoulder.
Glad to hear you're feeling better, but if the infection comes back, see if you can get one of those buzzer talker thingys that you hold against your throught. That would be the coolest. Peace-outside.
hmmm, you would think I could spell throat by now...
Good to hear the infection is gone... ignore my question of how that was going in my last email. I really should get into the habit of reading your blog before I email you! Keep having fun my friend! Good to hear you don't let the rain stop you, B.C. has trained you well!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home