the dishes
I'm over ranting about school. Not that my exams are done yet. But.. for all intensive purposes- I am.Instead, today, I choose to rant about dishes.
I hate washing dishes.
I love living on my own. In my one bedroom apartment where I can do whatever I choose. But I hate that no matter how I try to avoid it- I eventually have to wash my dishes.
I think that the longest Ive resisted so far is two weeks. Two weeks! you say. Yes I know. I am quite disgusting.
The rest of my apartment remains tidy and neat. If random things begin to creep their way on to my coffee table, I have to clean it before I can study or anything else. I clean my bathroom religiously. I even make my bed in the morning! My clothes are organized by style and colour!!
Yet... the dishes remain.
I'm not home a whole lot... so I don't really eat at home that much either. Not that I eat meals out... but mostly that I don't eat regular meals. No excuse! There are still cereal bowls in the mornings, which can only be rinsed so many times...
It may be that my kitchen is not dish-washing friendly. There is only one sink. A small counter top to rest the clean dishes on. I have to lean over and to top it off... face the wall.
I cant help it. I hate it. It fits right up on my list of things I extremely dislike doing just after handing out resumes.
As I type this rant, I am fuelled by my recent submission to washing the pile of dishes in my kitchen. My wrinkled fingers feel terrible on the keys.


9 Comments:
I hear ya, buddy. However, the current bane of MY existance is laundry. I have gone more than a MONTH without doing it (I own a lot of underoos). It's not the doing of the laundry that I hate, it's the folding, hanging and putting away. Too bad there can't be magic laundry/dishes fairies who swoop in before things get out of control and clean for us...*sigh* That would be steller...
Fine I'll do the dishes, I am getting on it right now..
Megs,
Me and the C-Bone can sympathize. Doing the dishes sucks, but it's a hell of a lot better when you are doing them WITH someone. C washes, I dry--it's the way of the future...
Doesn't anybody have a dishwasher???
I... uh... have one...
I definitely prefer the cooking side of things. Which works great if you live with someone that would rather do dishes than cook. I guess I just have to make it worth their while every time eh...
tim tom, we need to find a way to work together even though you live many provinces away. i would WAY rather do dishes than cook! i kinda like it cuz it keeps my freezing cold hands warm.
sweet! now all i need to do is find someone to do my dreaded chore and vacuum for me...
k, I'll mail you supper plus my dishes, and you can wash them and mail them back, hows that. Ooh, and maybe if you share with Megan she'll do your vacuuming.
Or we could build a commune...
Can I join this commune? I will do dishes with Janis if you guys cook for us. My only request is that someone else does the prerinsing and organizing of the dishes.
Oh and I am with Em...putting away the laundry is the worst part.
MIss you all!
Merry Christmas
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home