Tuesday, November 14, 2006

operation christmas child

this weekend frank i and filled two shoeboxes full of toys and stuff. one for a boy and one for a girl. this is the first time that either of us had taken part in operation christmas child, though i have wanted to for years. im so happy that we did!

our church collected 129 shoeboxes this year but all of victoria is expected to round up more than 4000. they are headed to central america to kids who wouldn't otherwise be getting presents for christmas.

what a fantastic way to give something small that will make a huge impact in someone else's life. we had such a fun time in the shop picking out all of the stuff too!

(for more info on what operation christmas child is for those of you unfamiliar visit www.samaritanspurse.ca/occ)

3 Comments:

At 8:44 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're such a gem Megan!

 
At 1:31 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss doing those boxes! It is the best idea ever!

 
At 11:27 p.m. , Blogger Tim said...

I found a magnifying glass at the dollar store to put in mine, I was so excited. I wish you could actually watch when they open it up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home