Saturday, November 24, 2007

Chocolately Beany Brownies




I have this recipe that I got from a friend about a year ago. And at first, everyone who hears about it snubs up their nose as I tell them that its brownies.. made with kidney beans. But, after trying them, everyone agrees, they are nothing short of fantastic. The great part is that the beans provide so much rich moisture instead of excess oil. Plus, kidney beans are loaded with vitamins! So.. you can feel good about eating brownies! I thought that I would share them with all of you who dare to try them.


1 cup kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp water
2/3 cup all purpose flour (I use whole wheat)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup chocolate chips (white look nice)

preheat oven to 350F, grease 9x13 pan
in a blender or food processor combine beans with water, puree until smooth
in a small bowl stir flour, cocoa, cinnamon
in a large bowl beat egg whites, sugar; add vanilla and puree beans; add oil
slowely add dry ingrediants until blended
pour into pan; sprinkle with chocolate chips
bake 20-25 min or until toothpick comes out clean
let cool completely before cutting into squares

I dont have any after pictures for you. They go far too fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home