Saturday, March 18, 2006

book review


I just finished reading "I Can Jump Puddles" by Alan Marshall. A co-worker who found out that I am an avid reader lent it to me. He recommended that while here I should get into reading some truly Australian authors.

I really enjoyed the book. Its set in rural Aus and is stuffed with heaps of classic Aussie slang. It is actually the author's story of his own childhood and is the first in a three book series of his life. His visual imagery was fantastic and helped me to really picture the bush life!
Great read! I definitely recommend it!

1 Comments:

At 4:01 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get any bad weather with the cyclone? Hope it doesn't spoil your camping plans to go further north on the east coast. Looks like they got hit pretty hard.

Enderbeings!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home