Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fair Trade

I know all of you reading this agree that 'fair trade' is a good thing. But what is 'fair trade'? How much do you really know about it? Do you know who decides what is 'fair' and what isnt?

Why do you think it is only recently that the fair trade movement- or sale of fair trade products -has become increasingly important? Or could we change 'important' also with the word 'popular'?

I am doing a research paper right now on this topic. Mostly because it blows my mind that we often jump on an idea that sounds good with the limited knowledge that we know about it. We dont often do research into something unless - like me, you have classes that make you research something you are interested in.

Okay.. I was also considering doing my paper on 'organic'. The other day we were in a store and I picked up a bottle of shampoo and the clerk says to me " oh- that shampoo, its actually beyond organic." What the heck does that mean? Dont you think back in the day when everything wasnt synthetic and modified- everything was organic? I guess not because nobody was certifying it saying it was!
When I asked her what she thought "beyond organic" meant.. she said that it was grown with the cycles of the moon and blessed by dancing fairies or something...

2 Comments:

At 7:06 p.m. , Blogger parrishfarm said...

Wow just think what dancing fairies could do for your hair!!! : )

 
At 1:34 p.m. , Blogger Michael Eckert said...

Oh My goodness! I must get my hands on some of that shampoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home