Sunday, July 23, 2006

one month anniversary

today is one month since I left Australia. Which is unbelievably hard for me to fathom. The days have gone by one after the other and yet it feels like they all just blurred into the next.

I had such great hopes for enjoying this summer back in Victoria and so far I havent been able to do or see anything that I planned to. Summer studies are so much work! I think that I would have enjoyed them alot more if I hadnt taken so many at one time. Maybe next summer (if Im still up for it) I will spread them out and take only one or two at a time. I didnt get to do a SALTS trip this summer because I will have exams the week that I was scheduled to go. But I am planning on making sure that I do a road trip home to the Okanagan in my week between summer classes and the new fall semester.

I really miss hanging out with Kristen. I miss our good times. Its hard to know that shes still there having a blast and meeting people and Im not. Especially her heading to Thailand next week! But... Im sure I'll get there some day.

Im going to try to make a point of not letting this next month pass me by. Even though I have papers to write and exams to study for... there are good times to be had!

6 Comments:

At 2:35 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally hear you about summer. Once you're done classes and whatnot, let's set out to do all those "summer" things that neither one of us has had a chance to do much of: go to the lake, camp, suntan, just plain hang out and do nothing...oh the blissfulness of it all!

 
At 8:20 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy anniversary!
count me in on the summertime fun. (once i'm done classes too, of course). :)

 
At 10:01 p.m. , Blogger Megan said...

Jani, when are you done classes?? are you ever coming to the island to visit? Ive been home a month and I still havent seen you!!

 
At 7:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know!!
i am coming home in a week and a half for bing and caitlin's wedding.
you be there?

 
At 7:43 p.m. , Blogger Megan said...

wouldnt miss it! i will see you there!! phone me when you roll into town...

 
At 10:54 p.m. , Blogger Tim said...

I haven't even seen you since you got back, and I live on the same land mass...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home