this is my last year of school. all of a sudden all of the questions about what I plan to do when I am done need some serious evaluating. and i feel really pressured about it. not from others, but from myself. this past year was really challenging for me. australia was an adventure in a fashion that i hadnt planned. and i still dont feel like ive had time to reflect on my time there and how it impacted and changed me. or if it did. although i think it must have.
i love the challenge of school and i almost feel sorry that im only now feeling like im getting the hang of it. i think that if i had done my four years consecutively like most normal people do, i might actually have achieved better grades. its all about learning how to succeed in the system. but im not normal and it only seems normal that i wouldnt be normal like normal people.
but now that im feeling more confident in university- the less confident i feel about succeeding outside of university. im not sure what kind of jobs to apply for that will be interesting and challenging (and pay money) that i have any shot of getting. competition is fierce!
i also have so many goals and dreams its hard to sort out which come before others. or sometimes even to remember them all. i made a list not too long ago. but i lost it. i am the queen of making lists. i love lists. i dont usually follow them but writing things down to see them helps me to organize my thoughts and increases the chances of things getting done or remembered.
Monday, January 08, 2007
infrequent updates of my where abouts and going ons
About Me

- Name: Megan
- Location: Victoria, British Columbia
I love running until my lungs ache, reading good books and jamming on the guitar. I have a passion for investing my time in things I believe in – and dancing to good music. I also love to cook. I daydream about travelling to the corners of the globe. I am recently married to the greatest guy out there!
Previous Posts
- Welcome to the New Year!
- the dishes
- A+ for effort
- silly rabbit, blogs are for kids!
- indeed, its officially winter
- its winter my friends
- I had a few 'a ha!' moments in class today... or I...
- operation christmas child
- from far and wide
- dancing
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]


2 Comments:
have no fear!
i know you are destined for something great.
i agree! whenever i'm worried about competition being fierce for good jobs, it's usually people just like YOU i'm scared about! you are VERY hireable, i would say. it's just a matter of figuring out what kind of job will keep you interested and challenged as much as school... i have faith that such jobs do exist somewhere out there.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home