Lettuce Wraps
This week I decided to try making lettuce wraps for dinner.My approach to everything I cook, is that it is an experiment. And the truth about experiments is that sometimes they turn out the way you think they will and other times they do not. But I find that if I dont expect perfection, I always achieve my goal of having fun and learning something new.
The wraps were actually good! They just dont really look so great in the photos. I find iceburg lettuce to be pretty bland and not such a great flavour, but I used it because it seemed to have the best surface area and strength needed for the wrapping. I also really hate using that vegetarian fake ground beef. Its packed with sulfites and additives and junk. So instead I just sort of scrambled some tofu. It was my first time using Hoisin Sauce. It had an awesome flavour! Definately made the dish. I am going to try to put it into other dishes sometime soon.
Here is Frank and the wrapping experience... hehe




7 Comments:
WEll.. all I can say Frank is it is a good thing that you are not a picky eater. I guess you really did like those halepeno peppers that you bravely ate while we watched your face turn red : -)
Good for you Megan It is great that you like to experiment and make great new meals . I am afraid Frank grew up with basic and boring. I'd much rather be in the garden growing food than figuring our what to do with it :-)
HAHA FRANK! The things you do when you're married. teehee!
Tell your wife about the time you took my moms silver and crystal bowl to work...
MUM! You are a great cook, not boring at all.
Megs, nice experiment. I've had lettuce wraps a few times when I just threw a few leftovers in them, yours are goumet though!
Steak anyone??? :-)
haha how about lamb mom?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANK!!!!
Love the picture of Frank stuffing his face!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home