Tuesday, June 13, 2006

diving deep



I am now officially done work. My last day was Friday. Which was not a day too soon. I'm convinced it was killing me working there. In fact... I was incredibly ill last week and when I finally went to see the doctor he told me that I had tonsillitis. He gave me some antibiotics and thankfully it has now cleared up.

On Sunday Kristen and I started our dive course. We are getting our PADI open water diving certificate. We started with two days of theory and training in the pool. Which was really cool enough just doing that! But then today we headed out to the Great Barrier Reef for some real adventure! Its really a whole different world below the surface! Indescribable! I wont pretend that we weren't scared at first. Breathing through a tube and swimming 18meters under the water. But our instructor is fantastic and we have both gotten over so many of our fears in these past few days.

Tomorrow we head out for another full day of diving on the reef. It will be my last day in Cairns. The next night I fly to Melbourne to where winter actually means cold in Australia. I can't believe how fast this past week has gone. I will be home so soon!

1 Comments:

At 12:32 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pizza, when are you going to be back in Vic?

I miss you my friend!

love Patty

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home