Monday, April 17, 2006

bluesfest in byron bay!





WHAT an incredible weekend. It was jam packed with fantastic music and heaps of fun.

Kristen and I decided that we were too cheap to pay for the over inflated camp sites ($600 for the five days!) or parking (okay it was only $10 a day..) so we had a great time of sleeping in the car and parking about ten minutes away and walking. We did in fact stop by the hostel once or twice and use the guest shower so as to not repeat the experience in the Whitsundays where we couldn't even stand our own smell!

Lots of highlights including meeting Xavier Rudd, Michael Franti and Bob Evans, seeing David Gray, The Blind Boys of Alabama, Pete Murray, Bernard Fanning and Beth Orton. We danced like maniacs all weekend.. hopefully working off some kilos that we've gained while here! The weather was better than expected and it only rained on the Saturday night leaving the grounds pretty muddy but clear skies for the entire festival.

Man, do we love Byron Bay... But we said a final farewell as we wont be passing through there again. We are working for the next week and a half trying to bank some cash before we make the big move to Cairns on May 1st. From there the adventure will continue!

I might blog once or twice before we go... but then again if I'm just working I wont have a heck of a lot to report on.. maybe just the status of my tan;) ..so expect the news to start coming in May!

photos: us and Michael Franti, David Gray, us with Xavier, us in front of the hords of people. Yes, I know I look like a complete idiot in all of the photos, but I thought I'd get over it and paste them up there anyways!

2 Comments:

At 11:46 p.m. , Blogger Gillian said...

bah, Pete Murray! I love Pete Murray! I hope you got his newest cd so I can steal it from you when you get back (it is no where to be found here)!
I love reading about your adventures... happy working and may the moolah roll in so the transition to Cairns is smooth and goes well! :)

 
At 9:30 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoah, you and Michael Franti in the same picture. He's a little taller than you eh. Sounds like a sweet time and I am down right jealous. But I guess someone has to hold down the fort while you're gone. Hope the last couple weeks goes well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home