waiting
Gah! I can't wait to get to Cairns. This waiting is killing me.Kristen and I worked as much as we could this week. Tried to keep occupied instead of anxious. Yesterday we picked up an extra shift and ended up starting work at seven am and finishing at two am. We had a quick nap in between shifts... but it was still a long day! At least we went out with a bang, and made a bit of money for the next leg.
Its starting to be much cooler now that it is fall. After the sun goes down the temperature drops right away and you definitely need a sweater (a jumper!) and sometimes pants too. Its a good thing that we are heading north where it stays warmer longer! Otherwise I might not be able to brag about how much better the weather is here!!
Im getting excited about coming home in less than two months. I miss everyone! Im really looking forward to getting back to school (Im serious!) and especially to wonderful Victoria in the summer. Kristen is getting nervous about being on her own after I go- but at the same time I know that she can't wait to get rid of me! We're both very independent people and its been hard at times to be constrained by someone elses ideals or agendas. I figure if we can manage this trip and still be the greatest of friends (let alone on talking terms...) afterwards, we can surely conquer anything. Okay or maybe just be more compromising and understanding people:)
Tomorrow is Labour Day here. I suppose its in the fall, like ours. But its the 1st of May and it seems odd to me. Oh well... public holiday and everything will be closed. I guess we'll just have to spend it at the beach!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home