Tuesday, January 23, 2007

gee-tar

Well I'm finally back in the grove of playing the guitar again. it takes diligence for me to pick it up and play. but my church has asked me to play at least one weekend a month, so in order to not be entirely terrible while I play in front of other people, I'm finding myself practicing every day or so. this weekend I'm actually playing at a church other than my own. A guy at my church wanted to take a group over to westshore alliance to give their team a break and he asked me to join them. I was pretty flattered! but also pretty nervous. but like I said I’ve been digging the practicing and I think that I feel confident enough now. Plus I really like the songs that he's chosen!
However.... all this playing just makes me want to get a new guitar! None of my three (!) are exactly what I need for the type of playing that I do. So far I just keep putting off selling my old ones to actually buy the new kind I want. I'm too busy. Really I'm too busy to do anything that is remotely fun. More accurately I don't have time for anything that isn't in my schedule. Maybe if I keep up this practising I will get enough motivation to find the time!

3 Comments:

At 8:35 p.m. , Blogger Michael Eckert said...

Hey, Frank used to play, get him back into it.

 
At 9:51 a.m. , Blogger Gillian said...

yay guitar! How was Westshore??

 
At 7:14 p.m. , Blogger Tim said...

Ah Megan, it warms my heart to hear your guitars are getting love once again. Its very important to give guitars love you know. They get cranky otherwise...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home