Friday, August 08, 2008

BC Day with the Binginghams


A little late but... Happy Birthday BC!

Victoria went all out for the big 150. Tons of stuff going on all weekend.

We actually went up to Duncan for a "camping" trip with T.Spray and P. Nords for Friday and Saturday night. I put camping in quotations because we ended up sleeping on Tim's sister's deck. It was more like a big slumber party. Nine of us out on the deck sleeping on air mattresses loaded up with blankets. It was a blast. Waking up with the sun on your face instead of inside a stuffy tent was a major bonus. And Saturday we all went for a good hike up Mount Tzuhalem. I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures of the awe inspiring view. But trust me it was good. There was also a mini yoga session while up top. Great times.

Sunday we headed downtown Victoria with Holly and Scott and Kai to wander around the festivities and get ourselves set up in a good spot for the Symphony Splash in the inner harbour. As always the symphony was magnificent, but we were way too tired to hang around for the fireworks.

Monday was hot and we decided to go for our first swim in Victoria this season. We headed out to Pease lake which is smaller and less crowded than its neighbour Durrance. But man was it cold!! It was refreshing once in - but it was a quick dip!
Then we went downtown to the legislature where is was already CRAZY. Masses and masses of people. But the live concerts were good and once we found ourselves some nice real estate on the Empress lawn we sat and enjoyed the entertainment.

Again.. Tuesday it was back to the grind!
But we are out of town again this weekend.
More to post about!!



1 Comments:

At 11:38 a.m. , Blogger Michael Eckert said...

nice shirt megs... I remeber t you buying it in nelson.
Glad you had a good time, wish I could do all that stuff! I miss going around victoria in the summer and seeing all the arts & culture.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home