Monday, April 09, 2007

a little read instead

I know that I try to distract you all with photos. Although I have some new ones that I intended to post tonight, I'm going to try to resist. Just for the sake of trying to actually write something instead...

Today I visited the rental office for my apartment. Signed all of the final paperwork. So, I'm sighing a sigh of relief that all has been dealt with, I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg, and I am moving out April 30th! Although I truly love this funky apartment of mine it is no longer very functional. It belongs to someone who only has time to study and work. Since I am actively trying to be someone with more of a social life, it will just no longer serve me well. Sure, it shows well to those who come over- but its not really laid out well for having company. The kitchen is too small to make a meal for more than two. There isn't room for a proper table with chairs all around it. And the walls lack the insulation to have the loud game nights that I love.

So... even though I do love it dearly, I think that I love my new place even more! For starters the landlords are the greatest! (yay Michael and Marianne!). The neighbourhood is quiet and safe (contrast to downtown-next to the needle exchange and sketchville...haha). The floor plan is open and there is room for a table with chairs and a living room perfect for game nights. There is a double sink- facing a window! But.. there's even a dishwasher. I'm pretty excited about it. Plus.. the plan is that Frank will move in there with me after the wedding... so the excitement also stems from the idea of living with him soon too!

Today marks two weeks until I am officially done all I need to do for this semester. Lately I am feeling extremely burnt out and not up to finishing at all. I know that it will be worth it to plug along and do some good work in the end, but finding the motivation for that is a struggle.

The weather is finally getting better and I couldn't be more ready.

I am still unsure of what my work situation will be for the summer.. or what I should be aiming for, for that matter. All the jobs that I previously applied for I seem to have been grossly unqualified for as none of them phoned me. I have enough hours at Felicitas to pay the rent and stash some money... but I feel like I should be branching out. There are a whole swath of government jobs that I would die to get- but unfortunately I do not have the 3 years of office experience that they want. So... do I look for an office job to start getting the experience? Or do I hope that I get the student paid summer position at Ten Thousand Villages which doesn't pay nearly as much? I don't know.

I wish that I didn't feel like I had to wait until my school was done to have an engagement party (which is the best idea- I know)... because I'm sure ready to celebrate! I really am SO stinking excited to be getting married. I know that Frank and I are going to have so much fun. I really feel so blessed to have him in my life!

Okay this is long enough for now.. haha... I'm going to bed.

2 Comments:

At 8:16 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was lovely to read. Even thoughwe just hung out on Sunday I feel like we never really chat. I already knew most of what you wrote but I also learned some things I didn't know ... I guess that is the point of blogging.

One things for sure, I will be throughing many parties for you as soon as we are both done this semester!!!

 
At 10:20 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i come?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home