The West Coast
Thank you all for waiting patiently. I have been up to my eyeballs in homework assignments since getting back. I have an exam coming up that I am not yet prepared for and while the trip was awesome, it meant I fell behind a bit so I am having to catch up.Im mostly posting photos. And yet it seems like this is just a fraction of the number that we took. Oh wait.. it is. We took about 300 photos! The coast is really so beautiful. Actually.. soon after leaving home our camera started to act up and slowly got worse until finally giving up entirely. So we bought a new one in San Fransisco. But still, I would like to have written more, added more photos, but it is what it is... and its quite alot at that:) The days arent seperated at all. But it took us about nine days in total.
Enough already! Here is the storyline in photos!
We left the house at 6:30am to wait in this line up!

And after a quick nod at US customs we hit the road!

Or should I say "bridge" ... this bridge from Washington to Astoria, Oregon went on forever!
The first day we blasted right through Washington right to Oregon.

First Campsite! Fort Stevens State Park

THE BEACH! okay the first one anyways..

And an old shipwreck

Cannon Beach
one of mannnny more beautiful beaches to come. too many to post pictures of.



Frank loves when I take photos of him eating
Lunch in Manzanita..

Cape Meares

Dune-buggying! On the Oregon Sand Dunes! SO FUN

I have to say it was really incredible. Very beautiful.

We drove along the beach too

Our One Year Anniversary!!! A secluded beach near Mount Humbug State park..

Campsites! We saw a lot of them. Can't say that its the same experience when you have to pack everything into/outof the car each day.

Finally we hit California. We werent sure that we would even make it there. But it was worth it! Look at the size of these trees. They arent even the biggest we saw
The Redwood Forest National Park

Not too many photos.. the camera was quitting on us

last stop before the big city
A stop for lunch in Bodega Bay- made famous by Hitchcock


6 Comments:
I am so jealous! We used to alwas go to the Oregon Coast to camp as kids particularly to Fort Stevens and Cannon Beach. I would love to go back some time. It was nice to see your pics. Thanks for sharing!
You have our coffee Bodum...did you get it from Mum and Dad? They bought two out here.
Nice funny faces Franklin.
It look like N. Zealand. Ive been told that they are similiar to the oregon coast.
I am jealous as well!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too!!!!! (I am jealous!)
You didn't tell me you went dune buggying! Awesome
Great pictures. Looks like so muc fun! It makes me think of my trip. Now I want to dig out my photo album.
Hello!
Hello!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home