Reduce Reuse Recycle
In the pursuit of the three R's (and of saving money), we are trying to decorate the house to our tastes and not waste good items we already have (or break the bank in buying new ones).So.. Project 'The Livingroom'.
The couches we have are in perfectly good shape. One was mine that I bought used for $30 and one was Frank's that his parents gave him. But, they dont match. And the fabric is a tad dull. But instead of replacing them I decided to make do with what we've got and make them work. So I bought slip covers, pillow covers and am in the process of sewing pillow cases for ones that I couldnt find.
This is me figuring out just how to put the thing on there!
The couch 'before'
The couch 'after'. The pillow covers dont really look that shiny. The flash just picked up the little shine they do have.
The Living Room Project 90% complete
just need to finish up some red pillows I am sewing for the smaller couch
Project 'The Bedroom'
as my loyal readers would recognize, this is the duvet cover I made earlier in the summer. The organic sheets we got from a wedding gift certificate we had hung on to, and the pillows I added in for good measure to tie it all together.
Overall... I think we have spent less than $100. Not bad.. not bad..


3 Comments:
I am so happy you spent to time in trying to find another slip cover. I looks great!
Nice work on the decorating, Team Parrish! I wish we had the time to do that kind of thing. You are truly an environmental inspiration to us all...
Impressive!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home