Thursday, May 21, 2009

Its hard to believe that its MAY! In just four short months our lives have seemed to change so much. And since I haven't blogged once, there seems to be a lot to catch up on!

And the biggest news is of course about our first home!

We got possession of our house at the end of the first week of February. We wasted precious little time getting to work. We so fortunately had the help and expertise of many loving family and friends. Frank's mom was here helping us prime and paint. And paint some more. My mom and Michael came down for a week and tiled over 500sq ft of tile and painted and cleaned. Without them we would have never got the place ready.

We moved in March 1st. Chris, Mike and Frank moved all of our possessions in less than half the day! Although its embarrassing how much stuff one accumulates that you don't really use.

All of March we continued to paint and unpack.

April! For the most part things are finished. Or we started to run out of steam... :)

And May! wow. And even this month is nearing an end. We've been stalled by the realization that all of the work that we would like to continue on with costs far more money than we have to throw at it right now. And the weather here in Victoria is starting to feel like summer. So we have been outside instead of in.

Alright I know that what everyone really wants to see is PICTURES!

so I thought I would post a few.
None of the house.. but.. I will post again soon with some good "before" and "after" shots.

So here are some pics to get you started.

The greatest dog IN the world. The new addition to our family. Peanut!



We are a block from the water front and the Selkrik Tressle. One sunny day walk in Feb with Holly and Scott



Sad day. We have become tree killers. But this was a Holly tree that was waaay too close to the house. So Frank cut it down.



Frank built us a new fence and gate. To contain Peanut I suppose. Or to keep out the riff-raff:)



Finally, a family portrait. On a Sunday outing to China Beach.

4 Comments:

At 11:09 p.m. , Anonymous Holly said...

I was beginning to thing there was no point in checking this blog... glad to see you have time to post!
Nice pics - can I come over?

 
At 9:16 p.m. , Blogger parrishfarm said...

Thanks for the update!

 
At 7:35 a.m. , Anonymous Michael said...

Nice work on the gate, Frank!

 
At 8:22 a.m. , Blogger Annie said...

Love the pic of you guys on the beach. Great looking dog too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home